Dodi Thompson, Chris Smith, Jeff Rackliff, Marti Gross, Mike Rogers, Steve Linder, Laura Church
- Reviewed and dispersed mail.
- Read and accepted minutes from the previous meeting
- Reviewed and signed Warrant 10 ($19,294.77)
- Chuck Yates has said he would like to be on the Ordinance Review Committee. Sue Burns and Jim Anderberg remain as members. Selectmen would like to have two more on the committee. Next meeting is May 18th.
- Tim Bickford has been asked to join the planning board. The planning board has been short one member for over a year since one of the members moved out of town.
- Mike Rogers, from Maine Revenue, reviewed the cards of property sales during the last year in the town, comparing the valuation the town has on the properties and actual sale price. This sales ratio analysis determines the percentage we use when we commit the taxes, etc. The town is currently at 93%, which means we can still use 100% on exemptions, etc.
- The Selectmen reviewed the Bank Reconciliation report. This is the report showing outstanding checks and transactions on the town’s checking account.
- RSU 9 has disclosed the proposed budget for 2017/2018. If the budget passes as is, Vienna’s share will go up around $40,000.00 from the 2016/2017 budget. The election for the school budget is June 13, 2017 in the Community Room (8:00 AM to 8:00 PM).
- Town received copy of the contract with Waste Management.